Thursday, February 18, 2010

Getting organized

I have finished cutting up all the pieces that were left from the QAWM blocks and sorted out the  pieces that were useful enough to fold and put away. I have quite a few 12 inch square pieces that will make good backs for small quilted projects. The rest is cut into strips and squares and a few rectangles.

As soon as I get everything cleaned up and put away and the floor vacuumed I am going to see what I an do to make my room more efficient. I keep going over this again and again. I use EQ for my room layout and furniture and it saves me from actually having to move furniture. Every time I do this I come to the conclusion that I have the best arrangement for everything I have in the room but I am not happy with it..... so back to the drawing board or rather back to EQ.

This is what I have to show for my 2 1/2 days of cutting.
  On the left of this tray are 3 piles of strips to use in the QAWM blocks. The piles of 4 1/2 inch squares are some for the blocks and the rest for the 4 1/2 inch square box. I have cut some of the
 2 1/2 inch strips into 4 1/2 and 6 1/2 inch rectangles to use in a scrap quilt that is made using a Donna Poster pattern. for now they go in a box with like size pieces.

This tray has 2 inch and 11/2 inch strips and 4 inch squares. For now they will go in a box with like sized pieces.
This is 1/4 quarter of the back of the Garden patch quilt. it is a lot brighter in person. I couldn't lay the whole thing out to phtograph without moving furniture and I am saving my energy for other furniture moving.

No comments: