Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fun day

Our loosely organized quilt group met yesterday. We have not been meeting to sew together on a regular basis for a while and it was good to get together. We all worked on liberated log cabins or stars. Everyone did their own thing with the idea; I made the star points for 5 liberated stars. We talked and  laughed together, we enjoyed just being together and we had lunch. There were 6 of us and 4 of us brought dessert. LOL next time we will probably all  bring salad. Nevertheless we enjoyed it all and we  really enjoyed our time together.
There were some people missing today and I missed them. I look forward  to our time together but life sometimes gets in the way of our fun.
We were busy catching up with what has been going on in our lives that we haven't settled on what we  want to tackle  as a new learning experience. (Remember we are loosely organized).
I have been blog surfing and I have become interested using pieced words in my projects. Being impatient I can't wait  for Tonya Ricucci's book "Word Play" to be released. I knew there  were  some alphabets in Electric Quilt and I knew there was a funky alphabet but I couldn't find it. I finally realized that EQ was  not  linked to Sew Precise in my new computer and when I linked it I found the alphabet. It is  for foundation paper piecing and that is not  my favorite thing. I used the letters as my guide to  draw new lower case letters in EQ7  that I can piece without the  paper and improvise as I go along.

This is what I did yesterday evening in EQ7.  I am going to make a 10 x 36 wall hanging for my sewing room. I am probably going to use black for the background but that would not show the piecing here. We'll see how it goes. I will probably buy the book when it is released as I am thinking that it will show me an easier way.

No comments: