Friday, July 8, 2011

Busy week

Almost a whole week and no post. Hmmm must have been a busy week.

After quilt Camp finished I just did nothing much for a couple of days. I did put my sewing room back together. I had taken my work tales and my ironing board and some of my cutting stuff to the church to use. I thought while my room was on the bare side I would get a lot of organizing done. That didn't happen because I really need my tables to put stuff on while I am organizing.

On the 4th we went to our great grandson's birthday party. It is always a lot of fun. There were 5 large bins or coolers filled with water balloons. After we ate and the presents were opened they bought out the water balloons.
Here are all 5 great grand kids and grandma and grandpa (my daughter and son in law) the birthday boy's daddy is hidden behind grandpa.







The 2 are plotting something I know them well.

Minor mishap, grandpa to the rescue.

After the water balloons were gone things calmed down and we went home to rest up for Tuesday.
We took the 3 oldest great grand kids to Geneva on the Lake where we played miniature golf at the oldest miniature course in the US. I took my usual bad photograph and then my batteries died. We had lunch at Eddie's Grill and then stopped at a playground . The playground  was cushioned with small smooth pebbles and the kids had a great time filling their shoes with  stones and dumping them down the purple slide. We were the  only ones there so  I let them have fun. and we cleaned it off before we left. I didn't get many pics because the kids were too fast for me.


Today I finished up the binding on my sample from quilt camp. It will go in our cupboard of "caring quilts". The quilting is nothing fancy, partly in the ditch and partly across the rectangles with a serpentine stitch. I got "that man" to hold it up for me so I could get a pic. Wasn't he nice?






No comments: