Monday, August 15, 2011

Hunter's Star

I have 4 more Spiral Log Cabin blocks to make and then I can start putting them together. I got sidetracked for a few days with other things.
Our group at church met on Saturday and one of the ladies did a lesson on the Hunter's Star block using a  special  ruler; (I forgot the name of it) there were 3 people who had rulers so we shared. I finished mine today.
I am not sure whether this is a traditional coloring or not. I will put borders around this 12 inch block and do something with it. I am not going to make a sampler quilt with my BOMs and I am not going to make a whole quilt with this block. The ruler made it fairly easy to do.  I hardly ever buy special rulers though I might buy this one if I was going to make a whole quilt.
Now I can get back to my SLC blocks. With the last few sets of blocks I made I tried to get a little more variety in the darker colors, more green, brown purple and red.  

No comments: