Saturday, August 20, 2011

I spy quilt

I got things put away  and moved furniture around to set up my room for machine quilting and I finished this I Spy quilt today.There is a better picture of the flimsy and the back  here. I picked up the batting last week when our church group met and I layered this up 2 days ago. 

 I never noticed that the blue I spy Squares seemed to stand out until I looked at these photos. I guess maybe lime green for the inner border wasn't the best choice. It does look bright and cheerful in person. After I quilted in the ditch around all the blocks  I thought those light squares (they are pale yellow with white dots) needed something to perk them up. I used the serpentine stitch to crisscross all the squares with variegated thread in primary colors . I repeated it in the borders and on the binding.
The 4 patch  blocks were in with I Spy squares and I decided to use them with this pattern from Moda Bake Shop.
I have another pack of I Spy squares and I will do something different with them.

No comments: