Monday, September 26, 2011

Another finish

Today was kind of a busy day. First off was my yearly torture mammogram where I got a  good report.  Then a stop to return a book that I bought which was not what I had intended to buy. (sometimes you just have to quit looking and go back another time.) After that I stopped at Joann's for some Fairfield 80/20 batting so I will have enough  for the  borders of my scrappy DNP that I am quilting in sections. The body of the quilt is quilted and I am ready to layer up and quilt the borders. I also got some Warm and Natural for a table topper, some Insulbrite and some needles. It was a good day to shop  every thing was either 40% off or I used a coupon. When I came home I layered up the table topper and quilted it in the ditch. Not very imaginative but it works for this one. I just have to add the binding as soon as I find it. I am going to use that same gold?tan? background fabric for binding.
I seem to remember that I was not going to make anymore table toppers or runners. Hmmmm, could that be true? Or was it bed quilts? I and my family have more than enough of both. What I could really use are some fall place mats and my daughter told me she needs  some and I still  have to make some for my granddaughter. It seems like there is no end to all the  things I want to start. I  am also finding that there doesn't seem to be an end to the things I am  finding to finish. I am going to look at the bright side, I am making progress.

No comments: