Saturday, September 24, 2011

A finish and some Gnomes


I finished my table runner using my Turnstile demo blocks from our block of the month. I can't believe how long it took to quilt the straight lines. I have been working on it for 2 days. Well, on and off for 2 days. I have a new respect for people who can quilt straight lines over a whole large quilt and keep them even and straight.



This afternoon while I was quilting Jack went out for a while  on his motorcycle. the weather is iffy for next week and he wanted to make the most of a nice riding day. When he came back we went to Holden Arboretum to take some pictures of the Gnomes. They will be gone after tomorrow. I took some early in the summer when the 2 older great grand kids were here but the weather was so hot we didn't stay to finish seeing all of them. I thought we would go back another day but they did not come to visit me again all summer.


This is Gnome Improvement (the one on the left). I thought he was pretty impressive. I got Jack to stand next to him to show how tall  he is. Jack doesn't like this picture of him but at lest he doesn't look crabby like the other 2 I snapped.




This is SGT. Gnome Lennon and he is the size that all of the (unimproved)  gnomes are. I couldn't get Jack to stand next to him because he didn't want to fall  in the Lily pond on the right.

This last Gnome is Artemus Virbius. After we took his photo we went back to the car and drove to the visitor center and walked around the Butterfly pond. This week there are a lot of new flowers blooming and the foliage is changing everyday. I took lots of pictures (124) and I could have taken that many more. We visit the arboretum at least 3 times a week during the summer, less often once the weather is not so nice but even in the winter there is always something to see.                  

One last photo, this large hydrangea is near the entrance and though it is a little blurred but you can still see that it was pretty nice.

No comments: