Monday, February 20, 2012

T shirt quilt ready to layer

The T shirt quilt is ready to layer when I get the backing fabric. I am going to look for food themed fabric.
It is in 4 long vertical sections right now and that is how I will quilt it. The two outside vertical T shirt rows have the  borders sewn on and the second row from the left has the sashing sewn to the  left edge and the third row  from the left has sashing on both edges. You can't see the very bottom of the quilt here but that is the bottom row of T shirts. The end pieces of sashing are various widths and everything will be trimmed to match the left hand section which will be the standard for trimming. There will be 3 long vertical  seams and I will be finishing those seams on the back of the quilt by hand. I have enough of the striped fabric to make bias binding which I think always looks good with striped fabric. I have seen some food themed fabric on line but first I am going to check the local quilt shops.
I  was surprised how nicely the T Shirt sections behaved with the interfacing fused to the back.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Nice! I like the stripe. Mara's has lots of fruits and vegetables. Not sure if that would suit your grandson's tastes ...