Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Almost ready (again) to Quilt

 I thought I would be all ready to start quilting after I layered up the spiral log cabin and moved my tables to support the quilt. That was before I decided that I needed to put all the 1 1/2 inch strips away in a more orderly fashion. On the right is what my sewing area looked like for 3 days
Here it all is bagged up and ready to put in my plastic box and it will be all ready to take out and spread out on my trays next time I want to use my 1 1/2 inch strips. It feels so good to have this done.
Before I start quilting I am going to make Friendship blocks for the months that I missed.


This is the branch of the Maple tree just outside our window. I have been watching it and taking pictures since there was hardly anything there, like the pic and the right, and today with an overabundance of seeds below. About a week ago I thought those seeds were leaves as they were so small I couldn't  tell  what they were. This morning there was a squirrel  sitting on my window sill eating the maple seeds. I wonder how long it will be until  the seeds fall. They are fun to watch when they spin around like helicopter blades as they drift to the ground.

No comments: