Monday, August 6, 2012

Finishing Frenzy??


I wonder if I am setting up for a finishing frenzy? I got all the charm squares sewed into rows all ready to cut into  wedges. Not exactly a finish but it could be by this time next week. I bought the thread to quilt the background of the zentangle bird; that should be finished this week.  

I stitched these circles on the background today and then layered it up and I have half of the quilting finished. I plan on finishing the edges of the circles with satin stitching after all the quilting is done. I am trying to remember if I have ever done it that way. I had a reason for doing it but now I am wondering it it is a good idea. I guess it is too late now to worry about it.
I got the idea for the circles from Amy Smart at Diary of  a Quilter; she called her quilt Peppermint Pinwheels and used the Easy Dresden ruler.  I thought it was a very clever use of the stripes; when  I found some similar striped fabric my mind was made up as to what my red, white and blue quilt would be.  I want this to be a summer wall hanging in patriotic colors and I am thinking of mine as fireworks. I wanted some smaller circles and I cut my wedges for them by centering the ruler lengthwise on the light stripes. I should finish this tomorrow. Maybe I will  finish my "Rosie" it is all layered and ready to quilt. 
We'll see how long this frenzy will last.

No comments: