Saturday, September 1, 2012

Another small finish


9.5 x 10.5 wide orientation

I have a bunch of small things that have been hanging around for a while. It is nice to work on them and be able to have something finished for my effort.

These photos show two different orientations 

9.5 x 10.5 tall orientation

I layered this up with batting yesterday and started quilting it. This morning I trimmed around the quilted circle and layered it with the black background and batting and backing and quilted the background and again over the main design lines in the circle, then satin stitched around the outside of the circle. I finished it up with binding and corner triangles. I like the extra dimension with the 2 layers of batting behind the circle which makes 2 levels of quilting inside the circle.

Back

I like to use the triangles in the corners for hanging so that it can be oriented with any side up. I  can use one of those easel type plastic sign holders or a piece of stiff poster board or cardboard to use it in a decorative easel or with a little flat balsa wood craft stick to hang on the wall with a thin little nail.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Gorgeous, Ruth! I especially love the depth of the background. I like the horizontal orientation best but they are both great.