It is probably a good thing that I have not been going full speed ahead (which isn't very fast anyway for me). I am learning a lot about sewing 60 degree triangles together. First I learned that it is best to work in diagonal rows when doing the sewing. then I found out how easy it is to get mixed up and turn something around. I started by sewing diamonds in each row then sewing the diamonds together in that row, completing each row as I went along. I had started on one end so the rows across on the diagonal were short which saved me from a lot more ripping of seams.I sewed about 4 rows before I came to the conclusion that I needed to sew all the triangles into diamonds in all the rows and put them back up on the wall before I started to sew the rows. I made one or more mistakes in every row up to that point.
Top row - sewed into diamonds
Middle row - whole row sewed
Bottom row- nothing sewed yet.
I am also making progress on the second tree skirt. I finally got out and bought fabric for the backing. I got the prairie points made and stitched on, I am starting to move ahead.