Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Goals etc.

I have been thinking about goals instead of New year resolutions for 2013. My personal goals are mostly about health and not very interesting and they are more like resolutions than goals. Enough said about that!!

I do have some quilting goals for 2013.
1. Finish my Big UFO the king size quilt that I am had been hand quilting. It is taking up needed space on my closet shelf.

2. Finish the HST flimsy that is hanging behind the door in my sewing room.

3. Make a T shirt quilt for my son.

4. Make at least 1 Zentangle inspired quilt each month.

That's it for goals.
I think any more than that is setting myself up to fail. It would also set the stage for stagnation. I want to leave room for anything new that I might want to try.

There are other things that are works in progress and I am not listing these here because they are coming along and will be finished. Maybe I should make a UFO list so that I can feel a sense of accomplishment as I cross them off my list.


I have been getting my jelly roll ready for the race. It is all stitched into one long strip with spacers and I am starting to accordion fold it. This is as far as I got.





These are the corners I trimmed off from adding my spacers. That little HST would finish 1 1/4 inch in a quilt. I call them insanity squares. Some possibilities are rolling around in my mind. Hmmmmm.

2 comments:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Insanity squares is right! I'm collecting mine in a jar for a mug rug session down the road. My quilting goals are hogging up all of my brainpower, I've yet to put my Resolutions to paper (and I love making them!).

Anonymous said...

Ruth,
I see you are very neatly accordion folding your jelly roll -- didn't you want to double it up first so it is ready to sew?
I usually find the center and work my way out.
Jan