Thursday, January 17, 2013

Some days you get a little bonus


Yesterday, when I was getting dinner ready I came in the living room to say something to Jack and saw this through the window. I got my camera and shot a few pictures from our window.














The second shot  is a minute or two later
 I had a hard time tearing myself away to go back to the kitchen where my dinner was cooking.









In the last shot  the sun was sinking fast and the next time I looked the color had faded.

Our son and grandson were here for dinner and  most of the dinner was in the oven but I was cooking my salt free pork chops, seasoned with orange juice on top of the stove. The rest of the dinner was good but my pork chops were kind of blackened on the bottom. It was worth it to watch the sunset!

The pan did look pretty bad but I dumped in a bunch of baking soda and filled it with water and by the time I got around to washing it you would never know




This is what I was doing today. I cut all the pieces for 36  - 2 inch half square triangles  and all the large and small extra triangles. I finished 2 blocks and sewed them together. I was eager to see if they were going to come out OK.


I have 10 more 6 inch blocks to finish making. I need to sew 3 more sets of two like this where all those points have to come together. These came out pretty good.  It has been a few years since I made a series of 6 or 7 quilts with a variety of layouts using these blocks surrounding pictorial squares of different sizes. I wasn't sure if I had retained my skills. I am feeling pretty confident but I am taking my time and I am not going to think it will be a piece of cake. I am keeping my seam ripper handy.

 

 
 

No comments: