Thursday, February 7, 2013

A little surprise and a little playtime


Yesterday I went to our Friendship (block exchange) group and I received a little surprise.




This is the front and back of the 21 x 18 little quilt that Jan made for me from a "Notso" Pack that she won last year at the Diva Jellyroll Race. I had put together several packs of fabric for the prizes last year when I was decluttering and this was from a not so charming pack of 5 inch squares.

She said it is made from all the fabrics in the pack. I think maybe she added the dotted fabric on the back but maybe she was "lucky" enough to win a second pack of odd pieces. I love it and it is going to occupy a space on my sewing room wall.

I did a little more playing this morning and finished 2 more blocks. After I made the first one yesterday I couldn't wait to see if I really did like the way it was going or if the one block was the only one that I would like. I like it. I didn't plan for the placement of anything except the purple and blue green fabrics and I am sure that the rest of the blocks are not going to fall together in the same way with the yellow and orange lining up and I am not sure what my final layout will be. It might be "Many Trips Around". I think that decision is a long time away. For now, I will keep the strips handy and play a little when I have steal time from something I should be doing instead.

Now I really have to get busy and do what I need to do, starting with the laundry I didn't do yesterday after all.


No comments: