Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Basement fun etc.

Saturday was our Basement Divas meeting; as usual it was a great time together.
Once again I was the recipient of something made from my non serious donations to the Jellyroll Race prizes. On the left is the quilt that Suzie made with orphan blocks that I put together in a prize pack. On the right is a flimsy that Gwen made from a pack of all scrappy leftover Disappearing 9 Patch pieces. Gwen offered to finish it but I felt guilty letting her take her time to do that so I will finish it. I never expected anyone to finish something with my donations and return them to me but with this group you never know what will happen. It is all part of the fun. 
I  also received an almost full bottle of Bubble Jet set from Fran. She read my post about buying a bottle and emailed me not to buy it that she had some she would never use and it is mine free of charge. She said I could make her a square oven mitt in exchange. I think that is a great bargain.

I have five more scrappy trips blocks made and I have 5 more sets of strips arranged on trays and ready to make into blocks. There are 9 more up on the design wall (not shown here). If I make this square I only need 3 more blocks but if I make it a rectangle I need 9 more blocks. I guess it is time to make up my mind what I want to do with this. Maybe I should just make the 5 blocks and then put it away for a while and work on things I need to finish.





No comments: