Friday, February 1, 2013

Moving along

I finally made a decision about the border on the Bricks and Stepping Stones quilt.

 I found a fabric with a black background and multicolored dots. It really does have every color in it that is in the quilt. I would have like bigger dots or something like matchsticks but time is running out to get this top finished and layered and quilted. I put the narrow Kona Bone border on yesterday and I am ready to sew the dotty border.




I am going to sew along with Melody Johnson in February again this year. She is suggesting Bonnie Hunters Scrappy Trip Around the World. With QAWM there are no rules only ideas and inspiration. I joined Melody in 2010 for QAWM and my goal was to use up my stash of floral fabrics. I made 2 quilts here and here and some small stuff and it was a start to using up my florals. Today I have only a few large pieces but a lot of scraps. I am still drawn to floral fabrics and in some ways I felt sad to see the last of some of my favorite pieces but the truth is if it has been around a long time it doesn't fit in with newer fabric and it loses some of its appeal. If it is in a quilt the appeal is still  there.  I used up some of those fabrics at just the right time!
 QAWM was the thing that got me started blogging. I have some things I am working on that are nearing completion; this is going to give me something to do next instead of wasting my time wondering what my next project will  be.

2 comments:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I love this pattern and yours looks great! I think your border fabric is a perfect choice.

LynneP said...

Love the fabric you chose as your border. Personally, I think the smaller dots work very well.