Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sometimes you just have to sew something

I have been working in my sewing room since Monday, consolidating, purging and organizing. When you realize that there are 3 boxes with pretty much the same items, it necessitates taking all 3 boxes off the shelf and emptying the contents in order to get them organized in one place. That means while I sort through all of it everything gets chaotic.
 Sometimes in the middle of chaos you come across something that insists on giving you a break from all the madness around you.
You clear a tiny little workspace
 And sew something

As I was sorting through odd blocks and odd parts I came across this. It was in pieces and only partly finished because it was a demo for three piece triangle units. It was either throw it away or put it together. It is only one 8 inch block and there is nothing to go with it so I am not compelled to do any more. If I put it in the odd block box and never do anything with it again, it will still  have served a purpose. I took a break from chaos and it gave me a sense of accomplishment. It is no big accomplishment but it is up on my wall to look at, it is cheerful and it might be inspiration. Who knows?

2 comments:

kathyf said...

what a pretty block.

Kim said...

That's a striking block! Good for you on organizing...not an easy task, sometimes!