Thursday, July 31, 2014

Moved!

We are moved and it went pretty well with nothing broken or damaged. Last Tuesday we ran out of steam and time when we were packing and that wasn't too bad after all. We went back to our old apartment on Monday this week to finish up taking down the window coverings and getting all the stuff in the bathroom vanity. Jack patched nail  and screw holes while I cleaned the stove and refrigerator. We left more stuff to gather up than I thought and when we once again ran out of steam I called for help and our DIL and her friend came and helped us.
At this end we could have paid a little more attention to the unloading as some things went to the basement because they were not marked and in the sewing room the boxes ended up in the corners and along the walls and the furniture and more boxes in the center of the room. By the time I paid attention it was too late and it took 2 days to get it sorted out. It is still not finished but I can move around but there will be no sewing for a while.
My computer has been acting up for a while and I thought it was my mouse and we replaced it and my keyboard with a new wireless mouse and keyboard, however........... everything worked fine but I started having the same problems again and Jack went on line and ordered me a new Dell. It came yesterday and I am in the process of sorting out what I want to transfer. I have a lot of stuff that I don't want to transfer and a lot that I had previously but on a flash drive.  No pictures today! With all my computer issues I am not even going to try.

5 comments:

Dianne said...

I am glad your move is now behind you! Good luck sorting. Dianne

Mary Ann said...

Happy to hear that everything went well. Take your time to set up, it's not going anywhere!

kathyf said...

Glad things are going to get back to normal. We are going to need your new mailing address.

Lori said...

Thank you for the update , glad you are settling in . Take your time adjusting.

Susie said...

Very happy to hear that you and Jack survived the move. Wouldn't be surprised if you go through your sewing stuff again as to put it away. See you in September.