This is the fabric I bought to get started. It is arranged left to right from light to dark; the order of the right 4 fabrics is subject to change. These colors are all pretty close to the true colors
This is the same 7 fabrics with 2 more darker fabrics added on the right. These are from my stash and I don't have enough of either of them but I added them just to think about what I am going to look for.
This is the background I have worked out in EQ7 using the fabrics I scanned into the program for this quilt. . I still have to shop for 2 darker fabrics for the outside blocks. I believe this will be the orientation but I may change my mind and turn the blocks so the width is vertical. I will need to make that decision after 2 more sets of blocks and I should probably decide before I shop for more fabric as the amount I need will depend on the orientation I choose.
My original EQ version was posted here and I may go back to that one, minus the blue patches
I have made 9 patch colorwash backgrounds like this using square 9 patch blocks and I thought this would be another variation. The quilt with the red flowers on the top of this blog has a 9 patch colorwash background done in square neutral blocks.
By the time I am finished with this
I may be sorry I ever started.