I wanted to completely outline the ears due to the value of the background not having enough contrast with the white inside ear fabric. I started with the yellow bunny and the ear section didn't line up at the connector corner points. I fiddled with it and never got it right. I decided I would scrap it and start over but first I put the turquoise bunny together . I had cut some of the connector corners the wrong size and didn't find my mistake until I was ready to add the ear section to the eye section. I fixed it and the rest was
For the rest of the blocks, I will check the size of the cut pieces as I lay them out. I knew I should do this already from my experience with the first Fancy Forest quilt.
My plan for today is to cut more strips for the log cabin blocks. Doing this is also helping me to tame my scrap basket and that is a real plus. Working through that with a purpose is better than to dump it out and try to sort it, which gets discouraging very fast.