Sunday, November 12, 2017

Babies and Drag Around Quilt

Yesterday my grandson and his wife came to see us so we could meet the new great granddaughter. She is beautiful and both parents are basking in the joys of new parenthood. I got to hold her for a little while but then Mom had to feed her and then our son (new grandpa) came and he held her the rest of the time.  She is his first grandchild and he is quite taken with her.


This is the only photo I got yesterday because my camera has been having some problems. It doesn't snap the picture every time I press the button. Maybe it is time for a new camera.






I finished the Drag around quilt and gave it to them yesterday. This collage shows the front and backing. I didn't use the backing for the binding after all but remembered that I saw some already made, leftover, yellow binding when I went through the scrap basket.  This little quilt is about 24 inches square.and there are a lot of scraps in it from the quilt I made for the parents wedding gift.











We also have another new great grandchild,  He was due in January but he was born early Friday at 27 weeks.  I have some photos but he is hard to see with all the paraphernalia attached and around him. We haven't had any updates since Friday afternoon; at that time, the outlook was cautiously optimistic. We are praying for him and all the family and trusting God.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Awww...how sweet! Congrats Great Granny! The little quilt looks so sweet. I just love those scrappy squares. That’s a very fun backing fabric design. Grandpa there does look pretty smitten with his new granddaughter. All the best wishes for your new great grandson as well. My prayers are with you.