Sunday, August 19, 2018

Another Baby Quilt

I am having problems with Picasa and I'm not sure whether it started after an update from Microsoft or an update from Google or Picasa. At any rate it has kept me from posting anything for over a month. I finally found (by accident)  workaround but I'm not sure it will keep working or if it is worth the trouble.

Well anyway....... I finished the baby quilt on which I was working but I have no picture of it that I can find. This is another baby quilt that I am about to sew together when I decide on which blocks I will use or eliminate.

This cute kitty fabric is the focus fabric with which I started.
I decided on 4.5 inch cut squares in order to get complete motif  sections.












I really wanted to use yellow for some of the pinwheel blocks. I shows up OK (but not great) up close.


















But not when you step back a few feet.

















I moved it around a few times and always came back to the conclusion that it doesn't show up enough because all the other pinwheels are medium or dark medium values and it is light in value.












I finally decided to use the 4 pink pinwheels and eliminate that yellow pinwheel altogether in favor of another background square.

The borders are yet to be decided.  I hope I will have my photo problems worked out by the time I get it altogether and quilted



We'll see!






1 comment:

Annie said...

Interesting block mix of the motif and the pinwheels. I like it, Ruthie. I thought the yellow showed out fine, but what’s important is how you see it. I used Picasa a while back but haven’t used it since it changed so much. I still upload photos through Picasa though. Taking photos with my IPad has changed the fact that they need to be edited so much. So, good luck with whatever edit program you have found.