Sunday, June 20, 2010

Giraffe

This is "Serengeti Babe", a convergence quilt I made a few years ago. I used Ricky Timm's method and this quilt turned out to look like it was the background for something more. I had taken a class with Jane Sassamen and I used her technique to make the giraffe. I love giraffes because no matter how poor your drawing skills, they are easily recognizable. I cut out some of the flowers from the large print fabric and fused them and satin stitched around them. The name of the fabric is Serengeti Blossoms and the giraffe turned out to look kind of juvenile hence the name.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just surfing along my bookmarked page and thought I would drop by here to complain that you hadn't added anything lately. But you had! Big time. I'm glad you got the Giraffe fabric so you can contiune to visit your African roots!
k