Saturday, June 19, 2010

Thursday I went to the NQA quilt show in Columbus. It was a nice show; there was a good mix of vendors and the quilts were over the top. The show is not as big as some and it is possible to see most of it in one day. I went on a bus with a group from a LQS so it was a one day trip. I didn't buy much because I am not buying fabric for anything that I am not either currently working on or something I am going to go straight home and start.
The batik giraffe panel is 18 x20 and I only found 2 fat quarters of the batik print but nothing else called my name and told me it had to go with the giraffes so I decided I would work with what there was. I am not sure what I will do with it but I passed on a batik giraffe panel another time and I was sorry I did.

This is my other purchase, some fat quarters or half yards of Kaffe Fasset fabric. After seeing all of the work that  Wanda Hanson (Exuberant Color) has done with the Kaffe fabric I have been looking at it again.  I got an email ad from Hancock's of Paducah and ordered some charm packs and a Jelly roll at really bargain prices (how could I resist). I only received one charm pack and one jelly roll because they ran out. So..................... of course I needed more fabric.

These are a few of the blocks I made with the charms and jelly roll strips. There were a lot of dark strips in the roll and I am leaning more toward lighter and brighter. This will be an on going project I will work on them and add to them and when I get enough I will put them together. Maybe I will add another round of strips to each block......Maybe not.

No comments: