Next Tuesday our Friendship group meets and I decided to get my blocks done before the last minute. This month we are making Chinese Coins blocks for our friend Laura. This is the block right after I took it apart. When I was pressing it I noticed that the 2 small triangles at the center top really blended together. It took me a minute to realize that I had some how sewed the wrong components together in the preceding step. The larger dark and light squares are supposed to be in opposite corners, not next to each other.
Here it is below (top left, after I fixed it) with the other 3 blocks. They measure 7 1/2 inches.
As I was selecting fabrics and cutting little squares for these blocks I decided that I didn't much like making this block. Every block has 16 - 1 3/4 inch squares for connector corners and they were all different within each block. Now that they are all done I like them and I am thinking they were not so bad after all to make. I am reminded of the Quilters Fortune block I asked for my first year in the group, with 49 patches each one a different fabric. What goes around comes around.