Sunday, November 21, 2010

Placemats

Last year we made string pieced Christmas stockings for the  shut-ins and nursing home residents that our visitation pastor visits. He suggested that this year we make place mats that they can put on the over bed tables. These are two that I made yesterday; they are not finished as I need to get the backing fabric. One of the other ladies is going to put something bright on the back and that sounds like a good idea.

 I had a piece of that large scale print and I made the one on the bottom first and  then when I got to the borders on the second one I thought if I used something else I could have enough of the large print to make 2 more. I  think I like the one on the top best. I am one of those people thinks there is no such thing as too many fabrics in a quilt. I am not sure if this was something I bought or something one of my lovely friends gave me when I  asked for leftover pieces and  strings for our stockings last year. I seem to remember making place mats with it for a shower gift for one of my nephews and his wife. I like to include something  to use at Christmas in my wedding shower gifts.

No comments: