Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Disappearing? Hunter's Star and more SLC

I decided to go ahead and put the borders on my Hunter's Star block even though I am not sure if I will make a table topper or a pillow or maybe something else.
It sure doesn't look like a Hunter's Star anymore. Maybe it never did; the pattern shows up better when there are more blocks. I still like it because I like the fabrics in it.

I got up this morning and took a shower and got dressed before I started working. I often start working in my pajamas but I  wanted to put all my Spiral Log Cabin blocks up on the wall and I had to stand on a ladder to reach the top row. I figured if I fell and hurt myself I wanted at least to be clean and dressed.
I finished putting the  blocks together for the body of the quilt. Now I have to decide on a border. Maybe piano keys or maybe just a plain floral fabric. I have 2 fabrics that I could use or maybe I could (gasp) buy something for the border. I put it together in 4 block sections alternating dark strips on the outside with light strips on the outside for each 4 block section.  Jack asked if it is a Gigi quilt. He sees G's in the spiral blocks.

BTW I didn't fall and I was only on the second step which is about  20 inches from the floor. I did get back up on the ladder so I could put the top up on the wall again after I sewed it together. It is the only way I can get a picture. I didn't fall then either.
I am going to think about it for a while and work on finishing some other things. It looks nice on the wall and it will help me decide what to do.

No comments: