I finally got a day to sew. It isn't often that I have so many non sewing days in a row by. I had a great grandson birthday present to shop for and then a birthday party to go to. Monday we spent the day getting a mattress board for my side of the bed. When I changed the sheets Jack thought it was a good time to turn the mattress then he decided that we should get a board for my side of the bed because I have been having some back problems that keep me awake at night. Tuesday I washed things that get done once in a while, quilts, shower curtains and that sort of thing.
Tuesday night I crawled around on the floor and layered up the quilt that I thought the backs didn't fit. It was close but when I pinned it to the carpet I could see that it would work. I got the body of it quilted this morning and I will quilt the borders and add them. Here it is spread out on my bed so I could remove all the pins. It is a completely scrappy Disappearing Ninepatch.
I quilted in the ditch around the blocks and then across the blocks with the serpentine stitch in primary colored variegated thread.
I need to get some more Fairfield 80/20 batting for the Picket fence borders. I want it to be the same as the inner part of the quilt. I couldn't remember what I used because it was different from what I usually use but I found the bag it came in. I like Warm and Natural for wall hangings and table runners but I really like this 80/20 batting because it is so drapable and soft. I may use this for bed quilts from now on. I think it was easier to push it through the arm of my machine too; anything that makes that easier is a winner.
Wednesday morning I went to Bible Study and Wednesdy afternoon I took a nap and I was good for nothing the rest of the day. Crawling around on the floor pinning my quilt Tuesday night was not the smartest thing I have done. I have been walking like an old woman for 2 days now.
I played some more with this stuff and I think it is becoming an addiction. the one on the left is on cloth and I have it layered and ready to quilt. the one on the right is the original sketch and I like it better but when I copied it on fabric I drew some of the dividing lines a little off so some of the sections were not sized to draw the same elements in them.
These circles are about 5 1/2 inches. I think I would like to make a cluster of 3 slightly larger circles so that some of the elements would be easier to stitch;those small curves drive me crazy.
I hope we can set up another date for a play day soon. I want to see what other people have been doing with their doodling.