Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Long time

Long time, no post. I changed my banner quilt to somet hing fall like and then I got interrupted and never got back .
I haven't done much quilting in the past week. I've had other things going on some quilt related and  others just stuff that had to be done.
My Friendship group was  last week and it was my month  to present the block I wanted everyone to do for me. I don't want to make another large  quit at this time  so I decided  on a book. I asked everyone to trace their hands on fabric in their favorite color and fuse it on a 10 1/2 x 12 1/2 background fabric and then make their favorite block  (6 1/2 inches) in their favorite colors. No pictures of that till next month.
Our group at church met Saturday and I demoed different ways to make Flying Geese for a Dutchman's Puzzle block.
I did not read the directions well (  usual story) and used up all of that yellow fabric so I only have one block to  use for something. I think I will border it with  smaller flying geese and make something. Or maybe I will put it in the "odd blocks" box.


We have taken a lot of foliage rides this  past week. Lake and Geauga  Counties in Ohio are beautiful in the fall and our peak season is spread out over a few weeks due to the diversity of the forestation. The Holden Arboretum has been one of our favorite evening places to visit and I got  some good photos last week. I am not much of a photographer but who could go wrong with this.



Here  the sinking sun lit up one tree like a spotlight. I know that someone else could get better photos but honestly no photo can hold a candle to the real thing. 














No comments: