Sunday, October 2, 2011

One little project

The weather has turned a lot cooler and with the rain and the wind it is not so nice to go out. When I go out and get chilled I don't warm up as fast as I did when I was younger so when I come home I often like to snuggle up in a quilt or throw for a while. Well, actually I often take a nice nap. I have some fleece throws that I like to use and I like to keep them readily available but I have quilts draped over most of my chairs and I don't want to put the fleece throws there. I decided if I rolled one up and put a little slip cover around it, it would stay neat, look like a pillow and be right where I want it. I had one 15 x 9 inch piece of leaf fabric and some gold fabric that I had used recently in the table topper. I made a flat band about 22 x 14 and quilted it. I just wrap it around the throw and overlap it a little. I am going to make buttonholes and sew on buttons rather than sew it closed and stuff the throw inside. That is my QAWM quilt from 2 years ago on the back of the rocker. So..... that is my one small project.

In the last few days I haven't accomplished much  in the way of sewing. I did however get a lot of other stuff done. Sometimes it is good to clean and put everything back where it belongs so that I can see what I still have to finish and also where everything is. I really cleaned up because I am having friends for lunch this week and they are going to see my sewing room. I decided a long time ago that I need to have people over every so often so that I am motivated to put everything away.
I really need to do it more often.

This is I spent my time yesterday; it was my great grandson's birthday party.This is all 5 of the great grand kids. One of them is looking away and there is a lot of red eye that I can't get rid of but they are all smiling and happy and all looking natural. I like this picture! The birthday boy is the one in the back wearing glasses.

No comments: