Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Tree Skirt

I got the backing for my tree skirt yesterday and I started working on the Prairie Points.  I had almost a full Blitzen charm pack left over after sorting them for the second tree skirt. I cut a bunch of them into quarters and made my Prairie Points with 2 1/2 inch squares. I usually make them with 3 or 3 1/2 inch squares but I wanted to use the charm squares that I had.

Here they are, start to finish. They are now sewed around the bottom of the tree skirt and this is probably as far as I will get today, at least until later this evening. I have family coming to dinner today and I have to go to the store (even though we got everything we need on Monday). By request, I am making deep dish pizza, not having made it in a long time, I did not remember everything I  need.
I just realized that we are halfway through August, Christmas will be here before we know it. Hopefully this year I will have a finished tree skirt; I am planning on it, and maybe even one to give as a gift. However, I am not going to count my chickens (quilts) before they are hatched(finished); after my fizzled finishing frenzy I am going to be more realistic. 



No comments: