Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A Little Playtime

I spent the last 5 days fiddling around with something that I can't show yet and it is taking a lot more time and making a much bigger mess than I had anticipated. I keep trying to get ahead of the messiness but to no avail. I finally put it aside for now.
I really have no business starting something right now as I have things I need to finish up and a deadline coming up fast. Our group at church is having a two day "retreat" Friday evening and all day Saturday. I have my own things to get ready for that; thankfully, I got the things done ahead of time for the group.

Well anyway, to get back to the matter at hand, I had decided to Quilt Along With Melody   this month and here it was February 5 and I had nothing started. I cut some 2 1/2 inch strips yesterday and about an hour ago I made one block.
These are a few of the strips that I cut. At first I cut oranges and yellows, I have a lot more than you see here. I thought I needed something more so I added a few other colors. I had halfway planned to have a citrus palette but I soon saw that I did not have enough citrus colored fabrics and I started adding others. I  have a lot of older 2 1/2 inch strips that don't work  too well with a nice bright group of fabrics and I am not going to use them for this. I need to play with something more cheerful this time of year. I am leaving out anything mostly black, brown, or dark and grayed colors.

So here is my one block. I may not get another one done till after the weekend but my outlook has brightened up for having played for an hour.

Now to do some, laundry, some cleaning up and looking ahead to dinner. I might even go out after dinner to see some of my playmates if things work out.

No comments: