Monday, May 6, 2013

Scrap Obsession

I think if I am ever going to get my shoe box ready for our meeting to "make fabric" I am going to have to put my sewing machine away. I keep picking something up and putting it with something else and then I sit down and sew the two pieces together and then I pick up another piece and sew it on and then etc. I am not even doing it efficiently by working on 4 or 5 and chain piecing. This is addictive.
 Those 7 blocks up in the top right corner were cut from a piece of "made fabric" and because it was oddly shapes I had a couple of incomplete blocks and I spent some time fixing them. It doesn't help that I was already playing with my scraps before I started to get my shoebox of stuff together. I really want to quilt my little quilt that I made using the Falling Charms pattern from the Missouri Star Quilt Company. I used 5 inch "made fabric" squares instead of charms and I am eager to finish it. That requires a rearrangement of my machine and tables and I can't do that until I get all this stuff put away.

We had to run some errands today and took the long way around. We drove through Headlands Park, hoping to see some Bald Eagles or some migrating birds as they stop to rest before they fly across Lake Erie. All we saw were baby geese.
 It looked like gosling day care. there were 2 sets of adults and about 30 babies. I couldn't get a good shot of them as the sun was behind me and shining right on my camera viewing screen. It was really point and shoot and hope for the best.
On the way home we passed the fabric store and I stopped and bought some fat quarters to cut up to fill in the scanty places in my color families. I can't believe I am buying fabric to make scraps.
I bet I am not alone in doing this!

No comments: