Monday, September 23, 2013

A Flimsy and some Anvil blocks

I finally sewed all the HST's  together and got the borders on the baby quilt.

I still have to piece the back. I am sure there is a rule of some kind: If you have a large piece of fabric for a long time and audition it many times and eliminate it many times, right after you think you will never use it for a border or backing and cut a hunk out of it, you will find a use for it that requires extra piecing because you took a hunk out of it. I have some striped fabric that has all the colors from the border fabric and I will use that to extend the backing and also use it for binding.

 I finished a couple  more anvil blocks. I intended doing it on Saturday at the Basement Divas meeting but I did not get around to it. I really didn't get anything done but I took a lot of photos. It was a good work day and everyone was busy. the block on the lower right is Lynn's block. I will  be mailing these to Victoria (Bumblebeans).
We all decided that we like these blocks best set on point. I am going to  have the Friendship group make Anvil blocks for me next month and I will be setting them on point.

1 comment:

Dolores said...

Love your baby HST quilt. It's really pretty. Your anvils are nice and BRIGHT.