I put together an Anvil block with pieces I had left over; all of the HST's have different backgrounds. I had a piece of the print that is around the anvil block and I used all of it to surround the block. When I sewed the yellow print on the ends the center looked lonesome so I pieced together 2 strips of 4 inch made fabric blocks and inserted them in the center of the end pieces.
|Close up of made fabric sections - the color on right is true|
|20 inch wide center panel - the color on the left is true|
The whole back is together now and it looks balanced with 20 inch side panels of plain yellow print. I can't get a decent photo of the whole back with my flash or without it. I think maybe yellow is hard to photograph and the poor light inside today doesn't help. I will get a good photo (outside) when I finish the quilt.
It will be a while before I get this quilt finished. I need a better place to layer it up and I am getting pressed for time. Quilt Camp is coming up June 9 -13 and I have some work to do for that. I am putting almost every quilting project on hold so I can get started on organizing for our move in July or August. We moved 2 years ago from one identical space 20 some feet down the hall. That was an easy organizing and purging move. This will not be so easy; everything will be different and my sewing space is going to be a lot different.
I start telling everyone in January
that it is "almost Christmas"
because to me that seems to be true.
Well... July comes before Christmas
and it is really almost here.