edge of the lighter strip and cut 1/2 inch into the darker stripe for 2 1/2 inch strips. So my strips were like this on the left.
After I stitched the binding all around I pressed it away from the quilt. You can see it in this photo
before I pressed it around to the back with only the lighter fabric showing. I wrapped the binding to the back and pressed it down and secured it with thin strips of fusible web (for me this works so much better than pins); I stitched with the #4 Bernina stitch from the front.
This is how it looks on the front. I didn't care to have the entire width of the stitches on the binding because it is already stitched on.
I wanted to have the entire width of the stitching on the binding on the back of the quilt, both for appearance and so the edge would be flat and secure. I used variegated thread so it may be hard to see unless you enlarge the photo.
I couldn't get a shot of the full quilt today because there is no space to spread it out. I got all the the Christmas quilts and wall hangings and linens out the they