Sunday, July 3, 2016

Four Blocks

I have been cutting 4 inch squares and 3 1/2 inch squares and making 3 1/2 inch half square triangle units. This is what I have up on my design wall.

I have been tweaking these blocks all week as I make more HST's and cut more 3 1/2 inch squares. I have to sort through everything and organize my squares and HST's by color so I can finish the rest of the blocks.
I have part of one more block up on the wall; it is pink but it may not stay that way. I keep changing pieces as I look at these blocks for a  while. The quilt is a scrap quilt and really random; everything is mixed up as far as color goes on the 24 block section I have sewed previously. However, I do  fuss around trying to make each 12 inch block cohesive. I'll bet that in the end I am going to have enough HST rejects to make another "something".







I would be further along it it were not for distractions.

I have been planting flowers and weeding and watering. Some of the flowers have gone into pots on the edge of the patio.






















Some  along the walk to the patio and front door.



And then there is Lucy. 
Here she is on the her footstool on which there is a 24 inch hand pieced hand quilted "Mariner's Compass" made before I knew about paper piecing.

She was the star of the show yesterday at the family picnic. Everyone made a fuss over her. Our son's dog is apparently enchanted with her and  won't leave her alone. She was afraid of him initially but soon got over it and now she only considers him a nuisance; he gets a hiss and a swat when she has had enough attention from him. He does get an occasional show of affection when she rubs her head on his chin or legs.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I love your new quilt start. I have been drawn to that design myself of late. I love Lucy too. Of course she knows the best place to hang! LoL. Happy 4th!