Tuesday, April 10, 2012


I finished a Snails Trail block for our group at church. It only took FOREVER!
I found instructions on line here  and sent the link to the group and said that I would demo the block on Saturday using 4 fabrics. then I went to EQ7 and opened a Snail trail  block and colored it with 4 fabrics and proceeded to cut the fabrics according to the EQ7 measurements and started putting it together and it was going  well until I got some of my sizes of triangles mixed up. I went back to the tutorial on line and OH NO, I am making a different block. the EQ 7 block I was making had one more set of triangles.   
Here are the  two blocks the one on the right would have had 2 more sets of triangles if I hadn't found my mistake. The color isn't quite right here the red is really a hot pink and the blue is a little softer but it is close enough to get an idea of what the  block is like. The block went  together quickly once I cut the triangles to the correct measurement (according to the Sew Quilty tutorial) and sorted them out so I wouldn't mix them up. I was able  to use my "Pineapple Rule" to square up after each round. I love it when I can use a specialty ruler that I already have for something else.

I have finished the top for the quilt camp sample and have to piece the back before I can layer it up. No pics because it is hiding under all of the stuff I dragged out to audition for the Snail's Trail block. I finally found something that seems just right; there were only 2 1/4 yards and I need closer to 3 yards so I will piece a strip of something to make it fit. It will not be a row of Snails Trail blocks. 

No comments: