Saturday, April 28, 2012

Place mats


I finished the 4 place mats from Cary Flanagan's "Take Four" pattern. I should say I finished piecing the front of the place mats. It only took a little over an hour and I am amazed that I did not get even one thing mixed up and no seam ripping. It is a neat pattern with easy to follow  instructions. I bought my pattern and bundle of Moda FQ's at  Cotton Pickers quilt shop  There were kits made up for the place mats but the colors were not what I was looking for this time.

I played with the pattern a little in EQ and I think I might make this version for another set. I have some fabric to make place mats for another granddaughter. She wants 6 place mats so I could make 2 sets of 3 since this only has 3 fabrics. I can see myself getting the shuffle  mixed up but I will figure it out. (I hope)

Here is a puzzle! What is this? I think it is an inspiration for a quilt. What do you think?


1 comment:

JoQuilter said...

I sat an looked at the picture a bit and decided I did like the color combination. I only wish I had time to pull fabric and play.