Friday, April 13, 2012

Done, really....

2012 Quilt Camp Rail Fence 52 x 65

I finished the rest of the grid quilting and I am happy that I added the extra lines. I think that now the quilt looks finished.
I used a variegated yellow, lime and orange Signature cotton thread for the quilting. I sewed the binding to the back,  turned it to the front and stitched it with the # 4 stitch on my Bernina. It adds a little whimsy and makes an easy finish that looks good on both sides.

This is the back of the quilt; the colors show up more like they do in real life. I bought what was left on the bolt of the green and white check, which wasn't enough. I used all the ends of the strip sets and extra strips I had cut to make a strip to widen the back. It took me longer to make the back than it did  the front.

No comments: