This morning I wanted to clean up my work area a little and I had some pieces and parts all over my cutting area. Well... I might as well make that one block and add it to the orange and yellow Anvil blocks.
The print that I use for the HST's would have shown up better with a darker fabric for the background but I like it anyway and I had it and the yellow squares cut. That was part of the cleaning up so that's what I made.
I had that large piece of made fabric that I acquired from Fran last Saturday and I cut it up into 6 1/2 inch squares and 4 inch squares to make more anvil blocks. I took the pieces I cut away and sew some of them together and I added some parts I had cut away from previously cut up made fabric. I got 3 - 6 1/2 inch squares ( I already used one 6 1/2 inch square for my blue background block) and 10 - 4 inch squares and a few extra pieces to add to the odds and ends to sew on to something else when I am making fabric again. I still have to clean up the area a little but I have something accomplished and I didn't have to drag out anything from my bags of scraps, which would have made a lot more to clean up. I am going to need 10 to 15 more blocks and I will just make them one or 2 at a time when I am taking a break from something or need to clean up the cutting area. If I have a ziplock bag with 4 inch and 3 1/2 inch yellow and orange squares it should be easy to make the blocks I need.