The one on the left was from my son and DIL and it is on the dining room table; the one on the right was from Jack and is in the bedroom. They both had red roses and the one from Jack also had 2 white roses. When the roses started to hang their heads I took them out and hung them up to dry and rearranged the rest of the flowers. The baby's breath will dry nicely too and maybe the red berries in the one on the left will dry nicely too. In a few days I will put the dried flowers on my dresser for awhile. The real surprise was the lilies. The first one opened after 3 or 4 days and the other one opened after I rearranged the bouquets. They are huge, nearly 10 inches across and very fragrant.
This is a shot of the roses drying. I couldn't get a good picture and had to lighten it up; the red and green are both a little brighter and will stay that way for quite a long time.
Today I made my Friendship bocks. I started with 3 inch strips and right now they measure 5 1/2 inches square. There are 5 of each colorway; 10 total. I had trouble with my 1/4 inch again and did what Beth, the owner of Cottonpickers LQS, told me. I removed the guide on the side of the presser foot and voila my 1/4 inch is right on.
The weather today in Willoughby, Ohio according to Accuweather.com (on my desktop) is 51 degrees. It would be a good day to take my Bernina to the sewing machine doctor but it is also a rare winter day here in NE Ohio and a good day for Jack to be out on his motorcycle. He is considering having total hip surgery and that will be the end of his riding days.
The Bernina can wait!!