Wednesday, December 15, 2010

BOM top finished

I finished my BOM of the month sampler quilt top; it measures 57 x 72.  I am pretty happy with it; it came out nice and square and went together easily. The green sashing and border fabric is not so gray green but has more yellow in it giving it a more up to date look. None of the fabrics are Christmas fabric but it is meant to be a Christmas quilt
I know I am not going to quilt it until after Christmas so I put it up on the wall in my sewing room. It almost covers the width  of the design wall space hanging sideways. In the lower left you can see the corner of the shelf over my cutting table on the adjacent wall. I will clean up the sewing room and probably won't tackle any more large projects for a while. I have not done any Christmas shopping except for a book order from Amazon which I am hoping will get here this week.


The snow has stopped for now and we are off to the Y in a few minutes for our much needed exercise. We missed our Monday routine and got busy yesterday and didn't go. When I sit around too much I hurt in lots of different places. 

No comments: