Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Finish

Yesterday, I finished this little quilt; it measures 39 x 48. Gwen, one of the Basement Divas made the top from a set of my leftover blocks that she received as a prize at the Jelly Roll Race. She offered to finish it for me but I felt a bit guilty that she had taken the time to make the top from what was intended to be a whimsical, non serious prize and decided to finish it myself.
I bought some backing last week and I layered it up yesterday morning and finished it today.  I quilted it with the Bernina # 4 stitch with blue thread in the sashing and on the binding and with multicolor thread that went across the blocks corner to corner and through the sashing junctions.

Close ups showing quilting,the setting triangle fabric that Gwen added, the backing and the binding.


1 comment:

Annie said...

Ruth, this is a wonderful looking little quilt! What a fantastic design and use of leftovers! I really really like it!