Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Playing with EQ


I have not been posting much because I keep having problems getting my photos into the computer; I think I have that worked out. Today I spent a good part of the day trying to get an image of an EQ project saved as a jpeg file so I could upload it to Picasa.
I have been playing with EQ7 working on a plan for a large wall hanging. I have wanted to make a new one to hang above the sofa for a long time.  I fooled around with different ideas from time to time but nothing ever really inspired me to follow through and actually make something.

This week Lynn Tyler posted a photo of a flimsy on her blog The Patchery Menagerie  and it fired up my muse. Hers is beautiful and though mine will be nothing like it, seeing how beautiful her quilt turned out gave me the idea to use diamond patches. It was just the inspiration I needed.

This is the EQ7 version and I am sure the quilt  will not be exactly like this. This is a starting point and I am excited to get going on it.


3 comments:

Annie said...

Wos Ruthie, that looks beautiful. It also looks like quite the undertaking for a project. I'm looking forward to seeing it in fabric.

kathyf said...

so beautiful

Millie said...

Thanks for the shout out, Ruth. I think your quilt will be lovely, and I think your diamonds look terrific.

Lynne Tyler

(Millie is the cat)