Saturday, October 29, 2016

Life Happens

I said sometimes life gets in the way of our plans. I thought I would get started quilting the other HST quilt but that didn't happen. I no sooner got the last basting pins in than we had a medical emergency and Jack was in the hospital for 4 days. He is home again and after sleeping 12 hours last night he is feeling pretty good.

Here are the 2 sections of the quilt, all folded up and ready to quilt. I had to be sure to fold the quilt sections so no batting was exposed. Lucy will not leave the batting alone. I had to shut her up in another room when I was pin basting so she wouldn't tear pieces out of the exposed batting.








Here she is  on an old quilt on my cutting table, hanging out with me and napping guarding the quilt sections.

1 comment:

Rachaeldaisy said...

It's good to hear the patient is home again. Your cat looks so sweet guarding the quilts.
A couple of years ago you made a house block as part of a swap organised by Beth of Love Laugh Quilt. I was the lucky winner of one of your blocks. I've shown a picture of it on my blog. If you'd like to see it my blog is called Blue Mountain Daisy and here's the link.
http://bluemountaindaisy.blogspot.com.au/2016/11/the-last-lot-of-houses.html