Thursday, July 5, 2018

Orange

I cleaned up my cutting table and put all the yellow scraps away after cutting some 4 and 4 1/2 inch squares to add to my box of squares. Those are the sizes I use most often.
I decided to make some improv blocks with orange scraps when I was rattling around wondering what to do with myself.


I didn't make them all the same size this time. I stopped when I couldn't find another fabric that I wanted to add to a block. I trimmed the edges so they are straight and I when/if I decide to use them I will either cut them down  or add to them.  I had some "starters" that I put in a separate ziplock bag; I will add other colored scraps to those.

The orange scraps are back in their bin and I plan to cut pieces for another pinwheel baby quilt.  I need to do something more intentional than working with scraps.

3 comments:

World of Animals, Inc said...

Orange is a beautiful color to use for the summer time, so vivid and vibrant. I love the color patterns that you used for this quilt design thanks for the post!
World of Animals

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a lively quilt these blocks will make... AFTER you do your preferred intentional piecing!! Enjoy your next project.

Millie said...

You know, I've made a Red quilt, a Yellow one, a couple of Pink ones, a Black one, a Green One and a few Blue ones, but never an Orange one. I'm going to have to add that to my list.

Thanks. Yours will look lovely. Like Orange Sherbet on a summer's day.