Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Borders

I finally got around to sewing piano key sections together. No matter what I tell myself, or anyone else, about random being RANDOM; I always end up agonizing over sections that don't look right to me. I even fuss around using my seam ripper and "improving" an offending area. I spent a lot more time working on the two side orders than I needed to. Working with scraps is not necessarily mindless. However I did get them together and layered up and quilted. I need to pin a note up reminding myself that I have never been unhappy about the piano keys once the quilt has been finished.

This border is 82 inches long and this is about half of it. I am still thinking about adding another row of wavy quilting between the 2 rows that I've done so far. If I had quilted in the ditch over all the vertical seams or even quilted feathers I think the stitching would have been too dense for the body of the quilt. I am not gong to rip out the quilting but I am thinking about whether I might add something.


I need to trim the backing and batting and that is a process that requires Trimming away the batting and backing edges different widths and there is a lot of fussing around. I know think I can eliminate at least one step. I am going slow and rethinking my process.

In the meantime these top and bottom borders are still in sections up on my wall. One of the narrow green borders is between them so I can work on both of them at the same time.  I will be putting 7 inch blocks on both ends so the piano keys are able to fit across the wall.  I can agonize over them every time I look in that direction.











Maybe I need to pin up that note reminding me to think about the PK borders on the finished quilts.

2 comments:

kathyf said...

I really miss seeing you overthink things in person. No matter what you end up doing it is always beautiful.

Unknown said...

Your Affiliate Money Making Machine is waiting -

Plus, getting it running is as simple as 1---2---3!

It's super easy how it works...

STEP 1. Input into the system which affiliate products the system will promote
STEP 2. Add some PUSH BUTTON traffic (it takes JUST 2 minutes)
STEP 3. Watch the system explode your list and sell your affiliate products for you!

So, do you want to start making money??

Check it out here