Today I was putting things away and tidying up my sewing room because tomorrow someone is coming to change our phone service and I am not sure what we will have to move out of the way. I figure the more order there is to begin with the less problems. During my decluttering I made a pile of things I was going to finish to get them out of the way. Once upon a time I was part of an online block swap group and one of the things we swapped were 25 patch charm blocks made with 2 1/2 inch squares. I just sewed mine all together as they were, without sashing or alternate blocks etc. I was going to layer it up and quilt it and use it for a car quilt. Just something to have in the car to use for whatever. I decided not to do that after all and put in the stack of things to give away, perhaps as a prize to another unsuspecting winner of a race or something.
This is what it looks like now.
One of the other things I was moving around was a little neck pillow I made when I took our old bed pillows apart and washed the covers and the stuffing and made some throw pillows. Earlier today I was piecing some strips to make a cover for my neck pillow and I didn't like the way it was going and shoved it all in a bag.
That quilt top caught my eye and I cut a piece out of it and layered it up with some no so hot fabric. I had a pretty big piece of it and had kept it because it was big. I layered it up with a smallish piece of leftover batting and quilted it with those curvy lines and here is my little pillow now. I actually like it.
So I used used 4 things that were just cluttering my sewing room, the quilt top, the backing, the batting and the pillow and.......
I learned something. When I quilted my Jellyroll Race quilt I should have stitched my curvy lines between the horizontal seams instead of on top of them(no, I am not ripping out those horizontal stitching lines). This has been time well spent. I have some plans for cuttng up and using the rest of that quilt top and that no so hot fabric, more to follow.